OLLI @ UConn Covid-19 Q&A
This page will be updated periodically.
How can I stay connected to OLLI during this time?
Here are some ways to stay connected:
- Sign up for our weekly e-blast: click Add Me to Your Email List to receive updates every Monday.
• “Like” us on Facebook to participate in interactive posts and “Virtual OLLI Cafe.” (https://www.facebook.com/olliatuconnwaterbury/)
• Read our Newsletter online (https://olli.uconn.edu/weekly-newsletters/)
• Email email@example.com with your own tips on how to stay busy during this time, photos, interesting stories or news articles, original work (paintings, drawings, writings) to be featured in our weekly e-blast.
Will OLLI at UConn be offering online classes?
OLLI at UConn classes will be 100% online until further notice.
I’m an instructor. How do I teach online?
OLLI is using Zoom for all our online courses. Please contact OLLI for an orientation session and to discuss online teaching tools. OLLI will host and coordinate all online classes – you do not need to pay for a Zoom subscription or worry about setting up classes / meetings!
Will there be a Fall 2020 Open House? No. In line with keeping safety as our top priority, we will not be holding an open house. However, we’re looking into new ways to spread the word about OLLI. If you have an idea, let us know!
Some of my OLLI friends are meeting in-person. What’s OLLI’s position on members meeting to discuss, or participate in, OLLI-related activities?
OLLI is following State of CT guidelines regarding meetings, and encourages people to continue to meet only on-line during these challenging times. However, we do recognize that certain activities, such as the OLLI Garden, may continue if they follow State of CT guidelines on social distancing and safety.
How can I find the latest updates from UConn?
Go to https://uconn.edu/public-notification/coronavirus. The page is updated by UConn daily.
What can I do to help?
- Stay connected to your peers! Call each other to check in, keep in touch online, and offer each other support during this trying time. Tell us how you’re coping!
- If you’re comfortable with using Zoom, become a Zoom Buddy! Help out a friend and get them started with Zoom or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re willing to help someone.
- Become a Zoom classroom assistant. All our Zoom classes will have an assistant on hand to support the instructor and students, and ensure things run smoothly. If you’d like to be an assistant, please email email@example.com
What’s the best way for me to contact OLLI?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 475-222-6261 or 475-222-6232. OLLI staff are all working remotely and will answer your email or call as quickly as possible.
Last updated 07-02-2020