For more information on any of these committees, please email email@example.com.
Marketing/Community Outreach Committee
Mission: Plan and coordinate, in conjunction with OLLI staff, long and short-term marketing and fundraising strategies that creates OLLI awareness statewide, builds membership and promotes annual fundraising goals.
- Responsible for comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for the purposes of member recruitment, awareness, branding and fundraising;
- Coordinate with staff to develop and distribute appropriate promotional flyers, brochures, press releases, and radio ads;
- Develop and implement yearly marketing and fundraising plans;
- Assist staff in maintaining and building partnerships with key community groups and press;
- Work towards increasing the diversity of OLLI membership.
Member Services / Travel Committee
Mission: Promote membership retention and satisfaction by organizing member services to include social activities and membership communication.
- Organize cultural, social and educational travel experiences for members;
- Provide hospitality services to include informational table during class days, assistance with arrangements for refreshments at Café hour and other services as identified by Committee;
- Prepare Membership Handbook;
- Organize and conduct Welcome New Member events. Provide Membership Handbook to all members;
- Plan and coordinate special and social events such as guest lecturers, OLLI picnic day, music events etc.;
- Maintain open lines of communication with members. Ensure that needs, concerns and suggestions of members are brought to the Leadership Council for review.
Mission: Identify and recommend nominees for officers and members-at-large positions and present slate to the Leadership Council.
- Maintain a running list of members interested in Leadership Council positions;
- Present slate of candidates to the Leadership Council at the February meeting each year.
Program Development Committee
Mission: Facilitate curriculum advancement and organize lunchtime Café presentations
- Identify topics of interest of OLLI members;
- Recruit instructors and provide all necessary support;
- Pursue new and improved methods for expanding and enhancing course offerings to include online classes;
- Collect, compile and analyze data on enrollment and topics of interest of OLLI members;
- Identify, plan and schedule lunchtime speakers for weekly Café series;
- Implement and provide technology support to members and instructors.
Mission: Design and produce weekly newsletter and coordinate the annual publication of Voices and Visions which showcases the original writings, artwork and photography of OLLI members.
- Prepare weekly newsletter during Fall and Spring semesters;
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual publication of Voices and Visions.
Special Interests Group Committee
Mission: Identify and bring together members who have a common interest they wish to pursue. Members meet outside the normal class environment to discuss and enjoy their mutual interest while providing lifelong learning opportunities as well as social and community project experiences.
- Identify, establish and coordinate special interest groups that strive to develop a sense of community and friendship among its members;
- Identify and initiate special community and volunteer opportunities.
- Current SIGs are:
- OLLI Book Club
- OLLI Garden Project
- OLLI Italian Club
- OLLI Photography Club
Mission: Implement and support technology to assist OLLI members and instructors with educational and enrichment opportunities, enhance skills and promote interaction with peers.
Support Committees with technology integration as needed.
- Provide technology support to members and instructors;
- Support committees as needed to integrate technology into their programming;
- Work with OLLI staff as needed to enhance the use of technology.